Save Before There Were I-pods on social network:

Before There Were I-pods


On Ebay I stumbled onto some vintage toy finds from my childhood (I was born in 1972, so that gives you some idea how old this stuff is). There are a whole bunch I want to show you, but I'll start off with this Fisher Price Music Box Record Player + 6 Records, a toy which hit shelves in 1971. I can still picture the wobbly strains of "Au Clair De La Lune" emanating from this record player which my sister and I kept atop a dresser in our tiny bedroom. 35 years later, I'm not sure my kids even know what a "record" is...I think they'd definitely be intrigued by this relic!

Guess what? Fisher Price is re-releasing the "Basic Fun Fisher Price Record Player" in July! Pre-order it for $29.95 at Amazon.com. It actually looks just like the original.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Shopping blog: Before There Were I-pods